Things are going well. I have coded up a lot of base line functionality into the game.
I’ve completed a lot of internal code to run the combat system. It looks just like the old ATS combat but has better performance and more functionality.
For example, some of the improvements are: being able to easily set combat messages based on the damage type (all those nice looking melee combat messages), and having them to do certain actions. For example, the message may say that blood goes spraying – in this case – the message would also load a blood pool in the room. So it is very powerful and functional.
Finally, I’ve also put in the bleed system. It functions very similar to the old ATS one. There are some other improvements, but most of them are unseen. But, to put it simply: the combat code in the old ATS was awful and slow! This version is much better. I am able to do 1,000 combat attacks in around 0.09 of a second! Let the performance reign supreme!
I’ve also done a lot of work on making the abilities much easier to program. As this was a major issue in the old ATS. A lot of work and effort was needed to put in a simple skill. A lot of that effort dealt with the way the skills must be coded in, and the rest dealt with the messages. There was a lot of repeating code that was used in the game to display messages. I have streamlined both of these processes for the new game – it is very easy to add in messages. There are different types of messages such as caster, target, room, area, and world. It is very powerful.
Right now I am working on the magic system and Tiberius is helping me test. So far that is going well.
Stay tuned – for great things are coming your way!