In order to provide a fun, fair, and friendly gaming environment we have established a set of rules that you are expected to follow.
- No Cross Charactering (N.C.C.) – The N.C.C. rule is divided into four clauses:
1.01 – You may not transfer any objects, money, or knowledge between characters you create or control.
1.02 – Unless approved by the staff, none of your characters shall have any in game knowledge of the other’s existence.
1.03 – You may not begrudge a player’s character with multiple characters.
1.04 – You may not begrudge a player’s secondary characters for the action(s) of his offending character.
- No Multi-playing – You may not have more than one character logged in at a time under the same IP or HOST address, multiple computers, accounts, multiple accounts(even on the same or different computer(s)). You are only allowed one logged in player per real life person.
- No Multi-killing – The rules on Multi-killing are broken into seven clauses: Exceptions to this rule are during ‘war quests’ and staff initiated P.K. games.
3.01 – You may not kill another player’s character more than once for a single offense.
3.02 – Players involved in a P.K. must be prepared to support their decision with a valid role-play reason.
3.03 – Annihilation: No player or character may be targeted for mass annihilation.
3.04 – Assassination I: The player who contracts an assassination on a character may not attack or kill the target character if the assassin fulfills the contract.
3.05 – Assassination II: The player who assassinates a character may not attack or kill that character again without reasonable cause.
3.06 – Bounty Hunting I: The player who contracts a bounty on a character may not attack or kill the target character if the bounty hunter fulfills the contract.
3.07 – Bounty Hunting II: The bounty hunter who captures or kills a character may not capture, attack, or kill that character again without reasonable cause.
- You may not abuse bugs. All bugs must be reported to [email protected] immediately (commands are logged, and we check for abuse when a new bug is found). Bug abuse punishment is at the sole discretion of Dayrinni and Actinate.
- No harassment of any kind. This includes: sexual, verbal, O.O.C., and anything else unwarranted or unwanted. In character harassment is acceptable (except for sexual).
- A.F.K. scripting will not be tolerated. You have 10 minutes to respond to a staff member if suspected of A.F.K. scripting. Failure to do so may result in the loss of levels, money, and game privileges.
- O.O.C. conversations may only be held on the ‘chat’ and ‘newbie’ channels unless all players present are in agreement that the conversation is not distracting to the game’s enjoyment.
- You may not use excessive profanity during O.O.C. conversations. Profanity may only be used if it fits the I.C. situation and the theme of “A Tempest Season.”
- You may not use ‘netspeak’ or ‘emoticons’ during role-play.
- You may not disrupt the game’s environment (this includes spamming).
- You are discouraged from engaging in private encounters of explicit nature. We do not condone, encourage, observe, or log any player’s private activities. Please use common sense in these situations. The staff is not responsible for any physical, criminal, or psychological damages that occur from these private encounters.
- I.C. acts of rape and child molestation will not be tolerated. O.O.C. acts will be reported to local authorities.
- As a player you are entitled to your own opinions and ideas about “A Tempest Season.” We encourage criticism and suggestions. We only require that you are respectful and mature in your feedback. Disrespectful feedback may lower the priority of the staff looking at it.
- First and Last Names – The rules for first and last names are divided into four clauses:
1.01– First and last names must be suitable for a fantasy M.U.D. (‘Coolguy,’ ‘Mass Murderer,’ and ‘Death101’ are not acceptable).
1.02 – Names from popular fantasy genres are prohibited (‘Frodo,’ ‘Gandolf,’ ‘Anakin,’ and ‘Sirius Black’ are not acceptable).
1.03 – Staff members reserve the right to alter your name.
1.04 – Surnames may be compound words (‘Blackfist,’ ‘Warhammer,’ and
’Blackthorn’ are all acceptable).
- Descriptions are integral to your role-playing experience in “A Tempest Season.” A good description includes distinguishing physical characteristics of your character, such as: complexion, general build, marks, tattoos, and minor accessories. Please do not include actions or emotes in your description. It is recommended you have a character description by level 10.
- I.C. verses O.O.C. – The rules for I.C. versus O.O.C. are broken into three clauses:
3.01 – Be courteous and considerate of your fellow players.
3.02 – Evil characters are not played by evil players.
3.03 – O.O.C. information may not be used as I.C. information.
- Forced Role-play – No player may force actions or commands on another player beyond the use of the mechanics available to them, or without the consent of all parties involved.
- Disconnecting – Please do not disconnect your character to avoid P.K. situations.
- Be courteous to your fellow gamer: Flaming and offensive behavior is not tolerated.
- You may not use profanities, spam, or be disruptive to the game’s environment.
- Avatar size may not exceed dimensions of 100×100 pixels.
- Credit must be given where credit is due (including: art, authorship, and ideas).
- All information posted in I.C. forums is considered I.C. knowledge.
Summary of Punishments
- Verbal warning (depending on how severe, a verbal warning may be accompanied with other punishments)
- In the case of Cross Charactering (C.C.) items or currency or other entities, these will be confiscated and not be returned.
- Minor Punishment – Generally, the removal of skills, levels, money, or objects.
- Primary Character Ban – The most powerful character you control will be banned from the game.
- Lockout – You will be prohibited from playing “A Tempest Season” and interacting on the website for an undetermined amount of time.
- Site Ban – You will be prohibited from playing “A Tempest Season” and interacting on the website, permanently.
Warning!Bug abuse punishment is at the sole discretion of Dayrinni and Actinate.
Policy on Character Wipes
No character wipes will ever occur in A Tempest Season.
Policy on Reimbursement
All requests for reimbursement of lost skills, experience, stats, levels, objects, or money must be made to [email protected].
Policy on Rebuilds
If your character is corrupted, destroyed, or deleted for any reason please contact [email protected] and include the most recent log of your character’s information – including: inventory, bank account, stats, skills, and spells.