I’d like to take a few moments of your time to discuss a game update from Actinate and I as it has been awhile.
First off, thank you for all your continued support during these strange times. Unfortunately for the majority of us, 2021 has been similar to 2020. We are happy to be ale to offer a place where brief escapes from real life can be an option for you all. We hope everyone has been safe and healthy!
My work schedule is optimistically turning around (trying not to jinx myself here). Due to this good news, I am returning to active development of the game. My planned activity level will be several times per week. Right now, Actinate and I are discussing the best way to finish and implement the rebalancing. It will still be mostly Actinate’s focus and I will defer any specific questions to him on what to see. We are hoping to make an update in the future on this focus.
I intend to fix some lingering issues such as website improvements and making a pass over the bug forums and fixing any issues that do not deal with abilities. Additionally, I’ll be finishing the ice prison shop (including the new frost-metal gear) and the oblivion maze monster and loot.
After, my focus will be:
1. Implementing Lunar Sages. The motivation here is all the end game systems (master specs, trade skills, etc) and grouping need to wait until after the re-balancing to revisit everything and redesign. As such, it makes sense to return to Lunar Sages. Early Access folks will be seeing the initial design and testing similiar to the Ethari. The intended role for Lunar Sages is a pseudo mage-healer-buffer type class. This is phase 1.
2. Then phase 2 of the Lunar Sages: Implementing the moon Honestus using procedural generation. This is a big a project as the system needs to be designed well and then the entire surface and subsurface needs to be generated. The long term motivation of this is to create a good engine to generate various types of areas that are interesting and allow us to assign initial values. This way, we can generate more of the game world for you as we all know this is something of high interest. This will then allow Actinate and I to focus more on building interesting areas such as cities or RP areas. We can’t do both, so we are trying this.
3. Light RP. There likely won’t be personal quest lines or anything of that nature. But rather more inclusive entire-player base events. With the ending of the Helper System, we simply do not hae the capability to focus simultaneously on everyone’s character. As such, please refrain from DMing me for personal RP quests as I cannot get to them all right away and I’ll slowly make my rounds. Thanks!!
Again, thank you for your continued support and building the community. If you have any questions let me know!
Oh, and I forgot something. I am taking applications for the Necromancer class. Your requirements are to email [email protected] with the exact subject header: “NECROMANCER APPLICATION – <your character name>” and in the body include:
1. who you are in-game (ie: I’m Vidar the level 100 Human MK),
2. not be Vidar,
3. why you should be selected and,
4. a VERY detailed character description (name, race, why they should be a necromancer). You can use an existing character (it will be converted) or decide to roll up a new one. I’m looking for real effort here.
Note: This is a fair selection and the best candidate will win.
I will not announce who the winner is or when one has been selected. Necromancers rely on stealth as they suffer from perm-death.
Dayrinni and Actinate
Actinate and Dayrinni