The New Merchant District UPDATE: The Green Vest (Sry Mages)

We'll be announcing things about the game and other games here! There will be no in-game announcements in this forum.
Actinate
Got any cheese?

The New Merchant District UPDATE: The Green Vest (Sry Mages)

Post by Actinate » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:41 pm

Hey all!

I know I said the next update would focus on Mages and Arcanists, but there was a slight change in an update I made that will be effecting some items found in other shops, especially in the Green Vest. With that said, I promise the next update will focus on our favorite magic users, so just hang in there old chaps :)

There was a slight issue that I ran into while updating clothing items for the Green Vest. The clothing was capable of being altered, but there were a few unforeseen issues that, while not immediately noticeable, did end up causing more problems down the line. I went ahead and preemptively addressed these issues, and now we have a much more workable system.

So, how will the Green Vest work?

Well, right now when you go into the Green Vest and type list, you'll see each shop merchant has 100 items for sale. A lot of these items are the same items with different variations on colors, IE: a silver shirt and a gold shirt. Perhaps, however, the biggest problem was sifting through 100 items to determine what you wanted to buy. Add in the fact that some of the items were dull or torn/tattered, and that everything cost a lot, I could understand why many of them were not purchased.

In order to keep the shop list more manageable, I implemented the following fixes:

1. Only 1 type of an item will be sold (you won't see a green vest, a black vest, a yellow vest, etc.. for sale). This will dramatically cut down on the amount of items listed for sale.

2. The cost of all items has dropped DRAMATICALLY.

3. Items are spread to other shops. The Clockwork Boutique's clothes are more in line with a steam-punk theme. The Green Vest, a more medieval one. The others... well, we haven't really talked about them, yet ;)

4. None of the items are crappy. You won't find anything in the store that is torn, tattered, or janky.

5. A new merchant, the Master of Alterations, will be able to alter items you purchase from these stores. If the item can be altered, the description will tell you so, and it will tell you what colors or versions it can be altered into. For example:

>>>>
Short/Wear Description: a white swordsman shirt with narrow cuffs and a black drawstring neckline
Long/Room Description: A white swordsman shirt is here.
Description:
This garment is favored by fighters and other roguish types from all across the globe. Its
drawstring neckline and fitted cuffs prevent the wearer's weapon from being snagged on any
frilly or billowy trim.

(A Master of Alterations can change the appearance of this item. This item comes in the
following colors: white, cream, turquoise blue, teal blue, forest green, viridian green, violet,
plum, brown, and black).
<<<<

When you take this item to the master of alterations, you will be able to 'activate' it to change its color. the first activation will change a white swordsman shirt with narrow cuffs and a black drawstring neckline to a cream-colored swordsman shirt with narrow cuffs and a black drawstring neckline.

6. Each item has between 5 and 10 alterations. This actually increases the number of items available for purchase. If the old stores had 100 items, but several of those were different variations, then the new stores have 20-25 items and 200-250 variations. The end result will most likely be roughly 300-500 shirts or 300-500 variations of pants. There will be a lot more room for customization.

7. The Master of Alterations is accessible to you after the completion of a short quest. Afterwards, his or her services are free to be used whenever and as many times as you wish.

8. All the items that say they are in color are actually in color.

9. Tattered and torn articles of clothing can be found throughout the world. They are clothing you cannot purchase at stores, and they are able to be worn as they are or repaired at a tailor. The tailor will also be able to make special clothing items, if you can find the correct pieces. I've been slowly putting these items on monsters, so you may come across them during your travels. Droth found one earlier today :) The idea is so that as soon as the district opens, these items are already in the game and ready for use.

Thanks for your continued patience! We are almost there!!!
COFFEE TIME FOLKS! Gotta build the game!