Big Server Upgrade

We'll be announcing things about the game and other games here! There will be no in-game announcements in this forum.
dayrinni
Site Admin

Big Server Upgrade

Post by dayrinni » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi,

I'm currently investigating a big server upgrade. This will take a few days but if it pans out, we'll be moving (it won't be a big issue/downtime for us). But that is the reason why I have not done many code updates or replied to many posts.

Thanks!
* indicates a change requires an upload+copyover.

"You merely adopted the typos! I was born into them."

dayrinni
Site Admin

Re: Big Server Upgrade

Post by dayrinni » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:21 pm

Hello!

I have managed to migrated the website and forums over to the new site for testing.

The website is a PITA as it requires special processing to full migrate over - and it's 100% dependent on the domain name. But that will be OK to do again, it's not too difficult in the long run.

Anyways, I'll do some more testing with this but so far, the feedback has been very positive and the question of migration from people is not "IF" but rather "WHEN"! That's how much they like the speed! :lol:

dayrinni
Site Admin

Post by dayrinni » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:35 pm

To make this absolutely clear, we'll be moving the game, website, email, and forums to the new server, if all goes well.

dayrinni
Site Admin

Post by dayrinni » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:27 pm

HEY FOLKS!

I got pretty much everything set up. Now I need to just leave it running for a few days before I do the real migration!

The migration will be done over this weekend (the game will need to go down an hour max so I can move the data when there aren't many/anyone on.)

During the migration the website and the forums will be in a state of flux - mostly due to the times the name servers need to update their systems. However, I will provide the IP to the server so you all access the forums in the mean time.

DUE TO THIS - the RP EVENT for this weekend will be rescheduled to NEXT WEEKEND.

Thanks!

dayrinni
Site Admin

Post by dayrinni » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:42 am

Hello!

If the server is going well by Monday/Tuesday, I will move the forums over to it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic