Game status 12.01.2012

We'll be announcing things about the game and other games here! There will be no in-game announcements in this forum.
Actinate
Got any cheese?

Game status 12.01.2012

Post by Actinate » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:25 pm

Hey everyone! The game is undergoing an area file conversion. Dayrinni and I are going to be busy re-establishing some exits and repopulating the game with monsters and items. We are also in the process of overhauling our skill system. The new version will include stats and items/spells as bonuses. We'll hopefully have new updates with a day or so!
COFFEE TIME FOLKS! Gotta build the game!

dayrinni
Site Admin

Re: Game status 12.01.2012

Post by dayrinni » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:14 pm

I am in the process of writing a conversion tool that will take all of the rooms, exits (including portal exits) and monsters(just name and descriptions) from the old game and convert it to the new one.

We are not going to convert the items, quests, mob programs and so on because we want to make new and better stuff, as well as we are changing some of the systems and how they work. This is going well and I have the basics done. I am now working on the harder stuff - mainly the item portals. This is a pretty complicated process for numerous reasons. I think I can do it though!
* indicates a change requires an upload+copyover.

"You merely adopted the typos! I was born into them."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic