Updates: 1/8/2021

Check here for the most recent updates and changes to the game!
Actinate
Got any cheese?

Updates: 1/8/2021

Post by Actinate » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:25 am

Hello everyone! I apologize for the late update. This week has been sort of unusual for us--my daughter is getting her back molars and sleeping like she is in a Nightmare on Elm Street movie, so I wasn't able to get as much work done as I'd hoped.

I've only got a few updates for you this time, but I'll hopefully have something meatier in a few days. Let's jump into it:

NPC and VALUE CHANGES
In a previous post, I listed some damage values and formulas that I said would be subject to change. After speaking with Dayrinni about NPC damage and HP, I am going to increase the damage values and the NPC HP to accommodate those changes. The change is providing higher values with the same time-to-kill. For example, if something before did 10 damage to a NPC with 100 HP, it now does 100 damage to a NPC with 1,000 HP. This change is the result of Dayrinni and I discovering a different way to calculate NPC HP that doesn't put lower players at a disadvantage. Under the current and newer systems, levels 10-30 experience increased difficulty due to the way formulas are working; this will no longer be the case.

PLAYER HP VALUES
Guess what everyone? Your HP values are going to be increasing... dramatically, but it's going to be appropriate vs. NPC damage and player damage. This means PVP will be more viable than it is now and PCs and NPCs won't one-shot you.

AGENTS UPDATE
I decided to chuck an update on Agents up here instead of Rogues. I want to rework a few things with Rogues before discussing them--I wasn't entirely happy with where they are in the design process.

Agents will still remain James Bond-esque spies but with slightly different focuses. Both will be capable of gaining access to the spy abilities provided by the current focuses (Loanman and Evonia), but this time they'll be able to play both fields and role-play as double-agents, if they want. The focuses will shift more into Gadgets or Poison Craft. At the start, Agents will have access to both, but the focuses will provide them with a more mechanized approach to their spy craft or a more assassin-like approach. I am hoping this will further separate them from Rogues, allowing both classes a little more room to breathe and develop.

Gadgets will be reworked to be more efficient and poisons will be reworked to focus on fast-acting DoT effects. Specializations will most likely cover solo or group combat, but that's in the final phase of development and is still being tested and looked at for effectiveness.

Agents will have abilities with high damage output, but longer reuse times. I have a few skills to tease, and I'll have additional information at another date:
1. Way of the Gun: This skill is a John Wick-esque fighting style. You do some hand-to-hand combat and also shoot people up close with your steam-powered pistol. While you're fighting, you're going to think you're doing some pretty slick moves, but in reality, you have a heavy tank on your back, so other people might see something a little different. Regardless, it's going to be effective. Humorous, but effective.
2. Fix: This is a skill Fighters have and it only makes sense for Agents to have it too. If you have a repair kit, you can fix armor and weapons. Makes sense since you're gadget-oriented.
3. Reactionary Quick D.R.A.W. device is returning. It does a lot more damage this time around.
4. You will have a steam-powered, arm-mounted Gatling gun that fires when you crank it. It's fucking hilarious.

I'm really sorry I didn't have more for you all this week. I got swept up in a lot of real life stuff. Hopefully this will be enough for you to sink your teeth into.

<3
COFFEE TIME FOLKS! Gotta build the game!