Mage Updates: 12/25/2020

Check here for the most recent updates and changes to the game!
Actinate
Got any cheese?

Mage Updates: 12/25/2020

Post by Actinate » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:11 pm

*The following updates are not live.

Happy holidays everyone!

Monday will have a more in-depth look at some of the Brawler skills, and that will continue throughout the week with some additional updates as well.

Today, I wanted to give you all a little information about what's happening with Mages. Let's just jump right into it!

*The charge system is returning. For those of you that don't know, you can cast spells and gain charges, you then use these charges to cast more powerful spells.
*Shards will still be required for Mages, but there is an update to how they will work. With the way damage formulas are changing, shards will now be classified as weapons with damage equally comparable to melee and ranged weapons. What this means is that the better shard you have, the more damage you're going to do. Damage will increase with your character's level and be applied to the spells you cast. Unlike other weapons, you will not be able to use your shard to execute melee commands (slash, slice, cleave), but there will be other combat applications available.
*The Earth element will be added.
*Fire elemental spells will be average damage with average cooldown. Lightning spells lower damage with faster cooldown. Earth will be higher damage with higher cooldown. Ice will be lowest damage with powerful status effects (freeze-like effects). Each school will have their own damage variations, however, so you will have some lightning spells that do high damage with high cooldowns, ice spells with high damage and high cooldowns, fire spells with low damage and low cooldowns, etc.. All spells will be comparable to other combat skills in terms of damage done, delay, cooldown, and TTK (time-to-kill).
*Power spells/abilities are coming. I would describe these as similar to Final Fantasy style limit breaks, if you are familiar with those systems. They grant powerful effects, can inflict lots of damage, but have long cooldowns. Thanks to Dayrinni's coding change to the way abilities can cooldown, you can reduce the cooldowns for these abilities faster by casting your other spells, taking damage, or using specific skills.
*The Mage's role will determine what elements they are utilizing, but we are shooting for you to fill the role of a tactical nuke.
*While we are not rolling this out with all the immediate changes, unless we can really find the time to test/squeeze it in, Day and I are discussing combination spells (IE: a spell that requires a fire and lightning charge). These would be powerful abilities that share two different effects. We may experiment with this a bit using a few test spells when everything is ready.

That's all I have for now! Stay tuned for some more detailed skill info on Monday!

Love,
Acty
COFFEE TIME FOLKS! Gotta build the game!